Spring Fishing is Heating up on the Cape Fear Coast
The first real series of tailing tides has passed and with them some fun and exciting sight fishing opportunities. The relentless wind has made for tough conditions for some of my fly anglers while providing some valuable experience with learning how to cast in 10-15kt winds. Surprisingly the water hasn't been too terribly soiled by this past April's windy intentions. We've had some good tailing redfish action and some exceptional low tide fishing for redfish. Most of the fish are beginning to break out of their winter patterns of schooling up in large numbers though there are some schools still around.
I had the pleasure of Larry Rushin out on the water recently to chase some early April reds and we had a time cutting up and exploring some new territory. Larry made several more casts than he should have had to before landing this beautiful redfish on a redfish magic spinnerbait.
A few days later Glenn Wilson joined me for some sight fishing on the fly in the wind...we managed to find some large redfish and Glenn connected with a fat ten pounder to finish the day before we literally got blown off of the water. The highlight for Glenn was the eat was fifteen feet from the boat, very visual and the fish inhaled a fly that he had tied on his own.
- Part IV: The Finale of the 2007 Beavertail Retrofit!
- Part 3: Beavertail Restoration Part 3: Sand, Prime, Paint...Repeat.
- Part 2 Breathing New Life into my 2007 Beavertail Skiff
- Breathing New Life into a Workhorse: 2007 Beavertail B2 gets a Facelift
- Fly Boatworks Debuts their 18' Backwater Tiller at Wrightsville Beach, NC
- Nathan Edwards enjoys the first Cast & Blast of the season on the Cape Fear Coast, NC
- Rails & Tails: September brings the return of the Cast and Blast
- Tailing Reds to Topwater Bites: Wilmington, NC Redfishing Continues to be Excellent!
- Hot Summer Tailing and Topwater Redfish Bite in Wilmington, NC
- Ashe Lands First Redfish~Wilmington, NC
- Fly Fishing NC Flooded Grass with Damon Keuhl
- Double Haul Guide Service Website gets a Facelift
- Will Behrman and Frank tackle Wrightsville Redfish
- I'm ever grateful for good friends! Powerheads, donor flats boats and charters...
- An Anglers Point of View of Fishing the Cape Fear Coast
- Spring Fishing is Heating up on the Cape Fear Coast
- Visiting International Angler catches first Redfish on Fly
- Peter Smith Finds Redfish Revival on Bald Head Island
- Guiding Angler Colles Stowell on the Fly in his new Beavertail BT3
- Wilmington Winter Sight Fishing still going strong...