Visiting International Angler catches first Redfish on Fly
Spring is officially here, and a bit early bringing with it warmer water temperatures and loads of bait. Everywhere you look on the coast you'll see shorebirds migrating, dogwoods and azaleas blooming, fiddler crabs emerging and the marsh beginning to green up.
On Sunday visiting angler Kenji Nanamiya and I got on the water in search of redfish, the first Kenji would ever see. Originally from japan and now living in Australia Kenji and I talked about Tenkara fly fishing, chasing Baramundi and lots of other great stuff including redfishing.
Kenji is an accomplished caster and worked hard on the bow as we had cloudy conditions in the morning followed by beautiful sunshine in the afternoon. We landed some nice fish and had some shots at some monsters too. All in all a successful first outing for us landing redfish and flounder on the fly.
The fishing along the cape fear coast is heating up and the weather couldn't be nicer. With tailing tides beginning in earnest this month, now's the time to book your adventure at sea level!
Stay tuned for more fly and light tackle fly fishing.
Captain Seth Vernon~
- Part IV: The Finale of the 2007 Beavertail Retrofit!
- Part 3: Beavertail Restoration Part 3: Sand, Prime, Paint...Repeat.
- Part 2 Breathing New Life into my 2007 Beavertail Skiff
- Breathing New Life into a Workhorse: 2007 Beavertail B2 gets a Facelift
- Fly Boatworks Debuts their 18' Backwater Tiller at Wrightsville Beach, NC
- Nathan Edwards enjoys the first Cast & Blast of the season on the Cape Fear Coast, NC
- Rails & Tails: September brings the return of the Cast and Blast
- Tailing Reds to Topwater Bites: Wilmington, NC Redfishing Continues to be Excellent!
- Hot Summer Tailing and Topwater Redfish Bite in Wilmington, NC
- Ashe Lands First Redfish~Wilmington, NC
- Fly Fishing NC Flooded Grass with Damon Keuhl
- Double Haul Guide Service Website gets a Facelift
- Will Behrman and Frank tackle Wrightsville Redfish
- I'm ever grateful for good friends! Powerheads, donor flats boats and charters...
- An Anglers Point of View of Fishing the Cape Fear Coast
- Spring Fishing is Heating up on the Cape Fear Coast
- Visiting International Angler catches first Redfish on Fly
- Peter Smith Finds Redfish Revival on Bald Head Island
- Guiding Angler Colles Stowell on the Fly in his new Beavertail BT3
- Wilmington Winter Sight Fishing still going strong...